Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More cheese coming! I snuck one past...

A couple of weeks ago I made a stirred curd cheddar with GREEN CHILE! Man am I excited. I'll have more on that in another post. I plan to make stirred curd with Jalapeno soon. Stay tuned for that one WITH pictures and video. It is truly a different experience. More tactile and soul soothing.

On another note...I've made some modifications to the cheese press. They are quite minor in appearance but make a world of difference! It is so much easier and more precise now. I like it much, much more. Pics and possibly even an assembly, dis assembly video will be coming in the near future.

On yet another note, kindof...I might be making and selling a small number of these presses. It seems to me that the costs associated with making pressed cheeses can be prohibitive to many. I plan to make a press that is easy, stores small, and is affordable. After all, we are talking about food here. Fun, delicious, easy, accessible, and affordable. That is how I feel about food.

No comments:

Post a Comment